1381 - First edition of the Bishop Castle of Saare-Lääne in written sources;
1424 - the first mention of Kuressaare small town;
1559 - the last bishop Johannes Münchhausen sold Kuressaare with his other possessions to King Frederik II of Denmark;
May 8 - Duke Magnus gave Kuressaare, the so-called. Under Riga law, city rights;

1574 - Frederik II confirmed the rights of the city granted on May 8, 05, 1563;
1597 - Danish King Christian IV visited the village;
1612 - In the course of the war of Swedes, a part of the city and the church of the city at the beginning of the current Tolli Street burned down;
1645 - On the basis of the Brömsbro Peace Treaty, the whole of Saaremaa went from Denmark to Sweden;
1654 -
1670 - Town Hall building;
1663 - port harbor and lavatory were built;
1670 - the buildings were changed to wages
1684 - the modernization of the Bishopric castle began;
March 4th - most of the city was burned down during the Russian armies;
Sep 15 - The garnison, which was defeated to Russian power, defiled, defenselessly. A long-term crisis in urban development followed;
1729 - Laurentius church building;
1783 - Kuressaare became the shingle city;
1784 -
1797 - Deputy Mayor B. von Campenhausen of Livonia, residing in Kuressaare, organized the improvement of the city's structural appearance and promotion of cultural life;
1790 - The Church of the Apostolic Orthodox Nikolai was prepared;
1804 - Russian emperor Alexander I visited the village;
1834 - Kuressaare castle was destroyed by Russian insurances
from the list;
1836 - Kuressaare Castle was sold to Saaremaa Knight's House;
1836 - The Lutheran Church, Laurentius, the church received a comprehensive re-
construction as a result of the current shape;
1840 - the first, J.G. Weise mud mud;
1858 - Wildenberg Leather Factory was built (destroyed in 1915), started
Steamboat connection to Riga and St. Petersburg;
1861 - the establishment of a city park for the Esplanade of the fortress;
1865 - Saaremaa Investigation Society and its Museum were founded
(current Saaremaa Museum);
1873 - the ship "Osilia" was established, which was connected with its ships by the railway station of Riga and the mainland railways;
1875 - first newspaper appeared;
1877 - a new city law was introduced and the council was replaced by the city council and government;
1883 - Establishment of a "New Mudhouse";
1886 - Kuressaare Estonian Society was founded;
1889 - Opening of the shelter;
1891 - Maritime School was opened (until 1945);
1894 - A new port in Roomassaares was completed. The first concert song festival was held;
1907 - the beginning of the telephone network was started;
1912 - electric light was introduced;
Oct. 1917
Nov 1918 - German occupation;
1917 - the railway connecting the city to Roomassaare Harbor (worked until 1940);
Nov 19 - the first self-government city council elected the first Estonian-language and Estonian-language city government;
1922 - School of Structural Engineering was founded (later Industrial School, the current Vocational School);
July 29 - state grandmother Jaan Tõnisson opened the monument to the islanders who fell in the War of Independence;
1928 - new power plant completed;
1929 - the ship connection with Helsinki was established; Põllu hill was merged with the city;
1935 - KES theater was reorganized into a semi-professional Kuressaare Theater;
1938 Jan 12th - the council approved the burial and flag of the city of Kuressaare;
August - Official visit by President Konstantin Päts;
1940 - a new hospital building was completed (architect Edgar Kuusik);
June - the Soviet occupation power was established;
Aug. 1941
September - Soviet organs murdered nearly 90 innocent people in the courtyard;
1941, Sep.-
1944, Oct. - under German military rule;
1946 - regular flights to Tallinn began;
May 15th - the city was renamed King's Box; Zion's Church
1967 - completed a new cultural house (current
Cultural Center);
1968 - Started with the old town and the fortress fortune-telling
1978 - Second High School, current Kuressaare was openedSiioni kirik
1979 - sanatorium "Kuressaare" was founded;
Dec 24 - On the decision of the Saaremaa People's Revolution, the castle was cast
national flag of the tower;
June 23rd - official recall of the city to Kuressaare;
1st Oct. - Kuressaare was restored as the first city in Estonia
local government status;
1993 - Ready for Sion Church - the first sanctuary built in Estonia after the Second World War;
1997 - Kuressaare Agenda-21 was drafted and approved;
1999 - Kuressaare City Theater was opened
1999 - Kuressaare Marina and the beach were restored
2002 - A new building of the Saaremaa Central Library was completed in the center of Kuressaare